About Dr. Manning, Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Manning was born and raised in Southern Idaho. He received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Idaho. He attended medical school at the University of Washington. He completed an Internship at the Los Angeles County’s University of Southern California Medical Center. He completed his Orthopaedic Residency at the University of Utah. He followed with a fellowship in Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia. Dr. Manning is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
He is a passionate and compassionate orthopedic surgeon who really believes in making sure that his patients receive the best care possible.
- Bachelor of Science, Bacteriology from University of Idaho, 1978 | Moscow, Idaho
- Doctor of Medicine from University of Washington 1981 | Seattle, Washington:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health from the University of Washington
- NIH Trauma Research Fellowship, University of Washington 1981-1982 | Seattle, Washington
- General Surgery Internship, USC Medical Center 1982-1983 | Los Angeles, California
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah 1983-1987 | Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fellowship in Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Research of Virginia 1987-1988 | Richmond, Virginia
- State of Nevada
- Bone Specialists 1988-2008 | Las Vegas, Nevada
- Orthopedic Specialists 2008-Present | Las Vegas, Nevada
- Team Physician, Bonzana High School 2000
- Team Physician, Durango High School, Las Vegas, NV 1998
- Team Physician, Chaparral High School, Las Vegas, NV 1989-1996
- Hampden Sydney College – Team Physician 1987 | Farmville, Virginia
- J.R. Tucker High School – Team Physician 1987 | Richmond, Virginia
- State of Idaho – Disability Examiner 1986-1987
- State of Utah – Disability Examiner 1986-1987
- Ashley Valley Hospital – Emergency Room Physician 1984
Current Hospital Privileges
- MountainView Hospital
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Sahara Surgery Center
- Specialty Surgery Center
- Advanced Health Care of Summerlin
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Desert Canyon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Board Certified
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Nevada Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Appointments & Positions
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 1988
- Laboratory Instructor- “Arthroscopy of the Upper Extremity” Orthopaedic Research of Virginia 1989 | Richmond, Virginia
- Laboratory Instructor- “Shoulder Laboratory”
- Laboratory Instructor, Arhroscopy Association of North America, Annual 1994
- Meeting; Nashville, Tennessee
- University of Nevada School of Medicine 1988-Present | Las Vegas, Nevada
- Clinical Professor- Internal Medicine University of Nevada School of Medicine 1990 – Present | Las Vegas, Nevada
- Clinical Instructor- Orthopaedic Surgery Adjunct Faculty, Touro University Nevada College of 2006- Present
- Osteopathic Medicine, Listed as one of Las Vegas’ “Top “ Orthopaedic Surgeons in 2007 | Las Vegas Life Magazine Poll
- Manning JB, Bach AW, Herman CM and Carrico C: Release After Femur Nailing in the Dog . J of Ortho Trauma, April 23 (4): 322-326, 1983.
- Talucci RC, Manning JB, Lampard S, Bach A and Carrico C: Early Intramedullary Nailing of Femoral Shaft Fractures: A Cause of Fat Embolism Syndrome? Am J Surg, July 146(1): 107111, 1983.
- Paulos LE, Rosenberg, TD, Drawbert, J, Manning JB and Abbott, P: Infrapatellar Contracture Syndrome Am J Sports Med 15: 331-341, 1987.
- Meyers JF, Caspari RB, Cash JD and Manning JB: Arthroscopic Evaluation of Allograft Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction” Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, Vol 8, 2, June 1992.
- Meyers, J.F., Caspari, R.B., Cash, J.D., Manning J.B., Biomechanics of the human anterior cruciate ligament. Muscle stabilization and ACL reconstruction”, Orthop Rev 1992 Aug:21(8):935-41
- Manning, JB and Hoffman A: “The Upper Extremity,” Ambulatory Surgery, 7th Edition, J.B. Lippincott, 1987.
- Manning, JB and Hoffman A: “The Lower Extremity,” Ambulatory Surgery, 7th Edition, J.B. Lippincott, 1987.
- Myers JF and Manning JB: “Allograft Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Techniques and Pitfalls, Complication in Arthroscopy,” Williams & Wilkins, 1990.
- “Fat Release after Femur Nailing in the Dog,” American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Annual Meeting, Colorado Springs, September 1982.
- “Fat Embolism Syndrome and Early Fracture Fixation,” University of Utah Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds, May 1985.
- “Management of Open Fractures,” University of Utah Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, May 1986.
- “Intrapatellar Contracture Syndrome,” University of Utah Sports Medicine Grand Rounds, September 1986.
- “Reconstruction of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Using Allografts,” Nevada Orthopaedic Society, 1988.
Office Contact Information
2680 Crimson Canyon Drive
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
Office Telephone: 702-474-7200
Office Fax: 702-228-4499